Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Winning!

Or, why I don't post blogs every day....
Good evening Readers, and happy St. Patrick's Day!  Whether you are out partying it up because you can and viewing this blog at a later date or reading this blog on the biggest drinking day of the year because you finally have an "adult job" and have to work at 7:30 tomorrow morning, welcome.
I want to say thank you to loyal follower Josh Rimmer for showcasing Mintern and the blog, because thanks to him we had the most views in the shortest amount of time EVER!  But it also got me to thinking--maybe people who are new to the blog have a lot to catch up on, but people who have read all the old posts might be getting bored because I don't post every day.  So I wanted to offer an explanation as to why posts don't show up on a daily basis.
First of all, in the very beginning, my goal was to help one person with their decision to come to prison (as a librarian) and I said if I could help ONE person, I would be happy.  Well about 12 months ago, one of my colleagues told me the following:
Colleague: "You know, you are the reason I'm here."
Me: "Oh really, how so?"
Colleague: "When I was interviewing for this job, it was my third interview and I was still undecided.  So I did some research and came across your blog and I read it and thought, 'I can do this!'"
So, there was my one person, and I was so flattered and excited.  Then Mintern, (and we all know how that's going!) so now I am 200% OF MY QUOTA!  I AM SO AWESOME!
Another reason is that prison is very tiring.  Some days I come home and I am so exhausted from dealing with prison drama and frustrated that I can't put a funny spin on it, and I definitely don't want this blog to become a complain-fest, so I wait until I am in a better mood.
So dear readers, please know that I value each and every one of you and your blog views and a huge thank you to my 5 awesome followers.  Sometimes the only thing that gets me through the day is the thought that I can make people laugh with all the craziness that goes on and it's good to know that I'm not just talking to myself and occasionally my mom.
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment