Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Stop the presses!!

Greetings, dear readers!

Lots of happenings in the prison library lately. Mintern continues to excel, and to present a more united front for our patrons, I got a head start on the new AR and started wearing professional dress two weeks ago. You would think that our patrons have never seen a librarian dressing like a librarian before from all the comments I have been getting.

Some of the best:
Patron: " You changed your outfit!"
Me: "Uniforms are SO last season."

Staff: "I love that sweater! Nordstrom?"
Me: "Target!"

Patron: "I love your outfit! Where did you get it?"
Me: "Target!"
Patron: "All of it?"
Me: "Well no, just the sweater. The pants are from Maurices."
Patron: "And then what about your boots?"
Me: "Oh. Those are just Ugg boots."
Patron: "They KNEW it!" *wheeled back to her friends who knew what Ugg boots looked like*

Surprisingly though all the comments have been positive. Nobody has told me that I really should switch back to the uniform haha.  Not that I'm there to impress anyone but at least it's nice to know that I don't look completely terrible.

My favorite look though is my REI-chic button up shirt and Kuhl pants. It's nice to finally wear pants that I like!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment